Friday, March 9, 2012

Hopping down the Bunny Trail...you never know who you'll run into!


I never know exactly how a character will develop as I make it...sometimes an ear just wants to go a certain way, or a facial expression appears that changes the whole direction I was heading. I like that ....I roll with it, because it's like the creature is being born, developing it's own personality as it grows in my hands. :)
This little rabbit came into being just like that.... When I started, I didn't really have a plan other than to create a rabbit. By the time I was done, I had a rabbit that was hopping along a trail and suddenly finds he has a passenger! A little birdie has decided to come along for the ride as bunny hops home with his basket full of supplies.
I am rather satisfied with the way this needle felted rabbit turned out. It originally had all black eyes but it just wasn't working for me....so I went with the usual eyes. Again, making those tiny birds, like the one who has alighted on bunny's ear, does take me some time. It's also very difficult not to stab my fingers a few times when working with something that small!











I didn't attach the basket because I wanted it to be  removable, so it's not strictly an Easter item. Because everyone knows...
Bunny + Basket = EASTER
Thanks for stopping by....hope you decide to stick around and follow me! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment