Sunday, April 22, 2012

Biking the Gourge


My husband and I rode our bikes along the Lehigh Gourge National Park near Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania. Took a nice ride to get there, and it was worth it! Beautiful!
And of course, I got to thinking.....
Gourge is a cool word.  It's a strong, Viking kind of word. You can use it in different
ways: as a noun, as a verb...even as a curse word, if you wanted. "What the gourge is going on here!?"  "I really gourged the hell out of that thing!"  Or how about "Gourge You!"  ?
This was a looong ride...but it really was a beautiful ride. :)

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and I'm your newest follower!! Sounds like a fun bike ride!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Chris! Nice to meet you, and thanks for following! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Melanie just checking in... sounds as if you and your hubby had a great bike ride...PA is sooo gourge-ous! lol
    I need to check your shop... mine is empty, I need to get busy!
    Blessings L

    ReplyDelete