Sunday, June 3, 2012

In case you ever wondered (or needed to know) what a peacock looks like on the other side.


About halfway through my bike ride there is a campground near a big lake.
They have a little coop with peacocks, one male and two females.
The peacock was out and his feathers were spread wide.  Apparently it's mating season, because he's shaking his feathers and  squawking  (which is a loud and weird sound) at his Ladies.
 I videotaped it, but I have to figure out how to get it on here.....so for now I will post the still shots.
He kept turning and moving around and I clicked a few of his tail feathers shaking. The pictures do not, however, capture just how enthusiastically he was shaking that money maker.
I have to admit, I don't believe the two ladies were very impressed.  But the way I see, it's nice that he makes the gesture. After all, they are in a pen together and there's really no where to hide.
These pictures just might come in handy for someone wanting to sculpt, draw, or otherwise create a three dimensional peacock. Or an individual (for whatever reason) is simply curious to know what's going on back there. In the money makin' tail shakin' area.


No comments:

Post a Comment