Saturday, August 27, 2011

Welcome to the Menagerie!

Hello! This is my first ever blog and I'm excited to give it a shot! I have an Etsy shop (also called Melanie's Menagerie) and I'm hoping to attract more people to it. I am an avid crafter and love searching yard sales and resale shops for vintage and retro items. Recently married, I live outside of Chicago with my husband, but I am an original Jersey Girl. I love the beach and go back east for frequent visits.  On this blog I plan to post pics of my creations, interesting finds I've come across, and observations about life in general.   I'm open to feedback from any helpful fellow bloggers out there. Please allow me to welcome you and invite you to follow me on my journey...


I’ve been married little over a year now (May 8th) but my husband and I had a very long courtship: about 7 years.  We have soooo much fun and are very active. Right now we’re living in Chicagoland, but that is soon to change…

Me and my hubby.

My mom lives with us. People say my husband is a saint. :)                                  My mom and I are best friends.




Our cat Lucky is the best cat in the world and she knows it.


I took up the art of needle felting last year and decided to have a shop on Etsy to see if anyone would pay $$$ for what I could do. So far so good, but it’s easy to get lost in the thousands of talented people trying to do the same thing. So hopefully I’ll get some attention with this little blog o’mine. :)
I’m inspired by CUTE THINGS and those little vintage animal figurines that some people describe as anthropomorphic (I had to look that up…please see below)
an·thro·po·mor·phism ( n thr -p -môr f z m). n. Attribution of human motivation, characteristics, or behavior to inanimate objects, animals, or natural phenomena. …
Anyway, those little critters inspire me and I try to give them my own little flare.  I also love other craft mediums including polymer clay (wish I had that as a kid!)
So that’s a little about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment